If you have been told that the reason for your uncontrolled weight gain, loss of libido, insomnia is either all in your head or your problematic diet or that it’s just menopause, know that is NOT a solution. You don’t need to suffer through hormonal imbalances, and at True You Medical this is exactly where we specialize in helping you!
Hormone Balancing supports the following conditions:
Specific to Women:
- Menstrual Irregularities (Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia)
Applicable to Both Genders:
- Low Libido
- Muscle loss/ Weakness/ Poor Recovery
- Aging Skin
- Hair Loss
Specific to Men:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Weight gain in breast and abdomen
- You will begin with a 75 min initial consultation with our hormone expert. Dr. Nicole Ortiz is a board-certified naturopathic endocrinologist an will conduct open and in-depth discussion to understand your symptoms, underlying physiology, and goals.
- Next you will take advanced hormone testing to identify imbalances and insight into how your body creates, metabolizes, and excretes hormones. This allows your treatment to be tailored to the highest level of personalization, providing your body exactly what it needs and nothing more.
- You will receive education on lifestyle modification, and assist you with personalized nutritional counseling and exercise recommendations to optimize hormone balance.
- Your unique hormone balancing plan will prescribe a path for natural modulation with supplements which alter production, conversion, or metabolism of your own hormones.
- Your hormone balancing plan may also include Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy to promote balance, longevity, and prevent chronic disease. This natural therapy will assist your body when you are unable to produce the optimal amounts of your own hormones.
- Our Naturopathic Endocrinologist can also assist in conventional prescription therapy when medically necessary and/or when other therapies have failed.
Read more about Dr. Nicole Ortiz’s specialized area of focus as a board certified naturopathic endocrinologist. You don’t want to miss out on this unique form of hormone balancing philosophy!
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement
Unlike conventional hormones, bio-identical hormones are molecularly identical to the hormones that are within your body. This means that your body recognizes it as its own – creating a more predictable outcome with fewer risks. Furthermore, at True You Medical, we use compounded hormones, meaning that we can formulate a combination to suit your personal needs – ensuring that you reach your health goals without risk of over-supplementation.
Hormones are essential to our well being.
Learn the multitude of benefits!
Benefits of Testosterone
- Increases sexual interest
- Improves sense of emotional well-being
- Increases muscle mass and strength
- Helps maintain memory
- Helps skin from sagging
- Decreases excess body fat
- Helps maintain bone strength
- Aids with pain control
Benefits of Estrogen
- Increases metabolic rate
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Regulates body temperature
- Helps prevent muscle damage
- Helps maintain muscle
- Improves sleep
- Reduces risk of cataracts
- Helps maintain the elasticity of arteries
- Dilates small arteries and increases blood flow
- Aid in prevention of Alzheimer’s disease
- Inhibits platelet stickiness
- Decreases the accumulation of plaque on arteries
- Enhances magnesium uptake and utilization
- Maintains the amount of collagen in the skin
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreases LDL cholesterol and prevents its oxidation
- Helps maintain memory
- Increases reasoning and new ideas
- Helps with fine motor skills
- Increases the water content of skin and is responsible for its thickness and softness
- Increases HDL by 10 to 15%
- Reduces the overall risk of heart disease by 40 to 50%
- Decreases lipoprotein(a)
- Acts as a natural calcium channel blocker to keep arteries open
- Enhances energy
- Improves mood
- Increases concentration
- Maintains bone density
- Helps prevent glaucoma
Benefits of Progesterone
- Helps prevent anxiety, irritability, and mood swings
- Helps restore proper cell-oxygen levels
- Helps the body use and eliminate fats and increases metabolic rate
- Increases scalp hair
- Acts as a diuretic
- It’s anti-inflammatory
- Aids in ovulation and maintaining pregnancy
- Balances estrogen
- Potentiates relaxing neurotransmitters
- Enhances the action of thyroid hormones
- Has a positive effect on sleep
- Helps build bone
- Helps maintain bladder function
- Protects breast health
- Relaxes smooth muscle of the gut to aid in breaking down food
- Supports the immune system